ABOUT THE COMPANY DISCOVER MOVEMENT
"TO HELP YOUNG ATHLETES DISCOVER THEIR POTENTIAL IN SPORTS AND IN LIFE."
Discover Movement aims to be a positive and transformational influence in the life of the young athlete over a long period of time by offering systematic, progressive and age-appropriate fitness and conditioning programs and by maintaining and developing a movement culture and environment that is physically, mentally and socially safe, encouraging and inspirational.
THE SCHOOL OF YOUTH FITNESS AND CONDITIONING
The operational objective of the School of Youth Fitness is to provide a year-round after-school program for the children and youth 7-13 years of age.
The mission of the school is to teach athleticism, movement and motor skills that is developmentally appropriate for the given age group. The goal is to build athletic and healthy foundations and fundamentals that can be transferred to any form of physical activity. We also want to help ignite the fire for the life-long interest towards health and exercise.
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS CONDITIONING -PROGRAM
Discover Movement sports conditioning for high school athletes evaluates the physiological needs of each individual athlete and their sport and develops an effective conditioning program that will make one a better athlete with correct amount of strength, flexibility, speed, coordination and balance for their given sport. High School Sports Conditioning -program aims to reduce and eliminate any sport related injuries and designs exercise protocols specific to the needs of the youth male or the youth female athlete.
COLLEGE AND ELITE ATHLETE’S TRAINING
Discover Movement offers high level sport and movement conditioning for the athletes in the collegiate and elite arenas. The main purpose of the high level sport conditioning is to continue the training of the individuals that we have had a privilege to train during their earlier years. We welcome our “veteran athletes” back with open arms for more athletic development, or to just spend time and catch up, or even to mentor and help the youth athletes.
WHAT ELSE IS DISCOVER MOVEMENT UP TO?
- Educates sport and fitness professionals on applied biomechanics, exercise physiology, movement pattern development and functional training modalities.
- Utilizes different forms of multi-media and computer technology to teach and interact with the student. For example in 2009-11, created online educational modules to over 500 participants including physical therapists, fitness professionals, physicians and sport coaches. - Runs Movement Skills for Youth programs with your town recreation department, such as Kindergarten Core Movement Skills Class in Oakland, New Jersey.
- Develops practical training applications and tools for physical educators, sport coaches and exercise professionals.
- Created “Movement Skill Development for Young Athletes”, a program that is being used by over 2000 youth sport coaches in Europe.
- Lectures on topics such as Movement skills & Motor Learning and Applied Biomechanics, for example in 2008-09 presented in an international conference of Motor Learning in the University of Jyväskylä on Movement Skill Development
- Runs Movement Skills for Youth programs with your town recreation department, such as Kindergarten Core Movement Skills Class in Oakland, New Jersey.